- Just had a baby, or already got children?
Noticed pain in your back or pelvis?
Experiencing bladder or bowel dysfunction?
Sound like you?
You really don’t have to just put up with these symptoms. The WomanKind Heatlh ealthMummy MOT service is here to support you with a range of specialist postnatal physiotherapy treatments to help your body recover from the physical changes you experience during pregnancy and labour.
We’re registered Mummy MOT practitioners, and our specialist women’s health physiotherapists will assess your condition and recommend a tailored course of action to help get you back to your best. This is the postnatal check you deserve.
What is Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT service is a women’s health physiotherapy assessment for new mums. We’ll assess your posture, breathing, abdominal muscles and pelvic floor – and we’ll recommend any other postnatal recovery services you might benefit from. We’ll also talk you through postnatal exercise and getting back to fitness.
You’ll get a full postural screen for:
- Tummy gap (diastasis recti).
- Bladder or bowel leakage.
- Signs of prolapse.
- Back and pelvic pain.
- Sexual dysfunction.
Depending on your needs this may include:
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Abdominal muscle exam to check for any separation.
- Back and pelvis assessment.
- C-section or perineal scar assessment.
You’ll leave your appointment with:
- A better understanding of your postnatal needs and goals.
- A plan to recover from your delivery and get back to what you love doing.
- An understanding of the stages you’ll go through in your postnatal recovery.
- The reassurance that you’ve got our support through it all.
We’ll follow up with:
- Education and advice on safe ways to protect your recovery AND keep up with being a new mum.
- A bespoke rehab programme tailed to your needs and goals.
- The knowledge you’re doing your pelvic floor exercises correctly and in a way that will move you forwards.
- A written report on the findings of your assessment.
Get in touch
Phone: 0114 327 2080
Monday – Thursday: 8am-8pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Who is Mummy MOT For?
What to Expect From Mummy MOT
We’ll also discuss your goals so we can create a tailored care plan, bespoke for you and your lifestyle, which we’ll send you as a written report after your assessment.
Want to know more about the Mummy MOT? Read Lizzie’s story…
TO BOOK YOUR MUMMY MOT, PLEASE CALL THE CLINIC OR SIMPLY ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW AND OUR TEAM WILL GET BACK TO YOU SHORTLY.
Meet our team
Our Mummy MOT services are carried out by…
Laura is a Senior Physiotherapist in the Women’s Health Team, and a Certified APPI Pilates Instructor. She has over 14 years’ Physiotherapy experience, having worked in a variety of settings over the years.
Laura has worked with us at Katie Bell Physiotherapy and Wellness since 2017, and is currently carrying out further training to become a Mummy MOT qualified Practitioner as well as upskilling in the area on Women’s health Physiotherapy, including Pelvic floor assessment.
You might also be interested in…
You might also be interested in our other Postnatal Physiotherapy services at the WomanKind Clinic from Katie Bell Physiotherapy and Wellness.