What is a Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT service is a women’s health physiotherapy assessment for new mums. We’ll assess your posture, breathing, abdominal muscles and pelvic floor – and we’ll recommend any other postnatal recovery services you might benefit from. We’ll also talk you through postnatal exercise and getting back to fitness.
You’ll get a full postural screen for:
- Tummy gap (diastasis recti).
- Bladder or bowel leakage.
- Signs of prolapse.
- Back and pelvic pain.
- Sexual dysfunction.
Depending on your needs this may include:
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Abdominal muscle exam to check for any separation.
- Back and pelvis assessment.
- C-section or perineal scar assessment.
You’ll leave your appointment with:
- A better understanding of your postnatal needs and goals.
- A plan to recover from your delivery and get back to what you love doing.
- An understanding of the stages you’ll go through in your postnatal recovery.
- The reassurance that you’ve got our support through it all.
We’ll follow up with:
- Education and advice on safe ways to protect your recovery AND keep up with being a new mum.
- A bespoke rehab programme tailed to your needs and goals.
- The knowledge you’re doing your pelvic floor exercises correctly and in a way that will move you forwards.
Who is Mummy MOT For?
What to Expect From Mummy MOT
At your first Mummy MOT appointment, we’ll do an initial assessment. We’ll chat to you so we can understand your medical and pregnancy history, as well as any current conditions and concerns you might have. And we’ll offer you a tummy check and a pelvic health check, but these are up to you.
We’ll also discuss your goals so we can create a tailored care plan, bespoke for you and your lifestyle, which we’ll send you as a written report after your assessment.
Meet The Team
Get In Touch
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment you can send us a message, email us, call us or book online.