As a Holistic Therapist I spend many hours treating clients with reflexology and still find it amazing how my wonderful clients benefit from this fantastic therapy and the results it can achieve…
Our feet are probably the most used and unloved parts of our body. They are often ignored and neglected, unless they start to hurt, or problems occur.
Fun facts about feet
- Feet are so important as they absorb shock, they adapt to any surface we walk on and they support our body weight.
- There are 52 bones (26 in each foot) which makes up one quarter of all the bones in our body.
- Each foot has 33 joints and over 100 muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- If you walk around 8,000 -10,000 steps a day in an average life span, you will walk over 100,000 miles (more than 4 times the circumference of the globe!!!!).
- Feet have 250,000 sweat glands which when active can produce 4-6oz of sweat per day.
- Ticklish feet are a good sign as it shows the nerve endings are firing correctly and can sometimes indicate a problem if they do not respond for example nerve damage.
- Women experience about four times as many foot related problems as men. Wearing heels is generally the main cause of the problem!!!!
- Toenails grow considerably slower than the fingernails. Toenails only grow around a mm per month whereas fingernails grow 3mm a month.
- Arches do not appear until a person is 2-2.5 years old, until then there is a pad of fat where the arch should usually be.
SO as you can see our feet are AMAZING!! And we really need to love and look after them. Go on treat your feet 😊 xxx