Jackie Buchanan is a Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) specialist at Katie Bell Physiotherapy & Wellness. We’re excited to hear MLD might in the not too distant future, treat, or even prevent these memory related diseases. She summarises for us here:
- Your brain cells produce waste products which are removed by lymph fluid around the brain
- Toxic substances and impurities are also removed in this way
- Recent research has discovered new drainage routes from the brain for this lymph fluid
- These new routes drain through the back of the head and into the spinal fluid.
- Traditionally it was thought only to drain into the sinuses in the face and the back of the mouth
- Sometimes lymph drainage from the head can be blocked
- Recent research has indicated a potential link between lymph blockage in the brain causing build-up of toxic waste and memory related diseases eg. Alzheimers, Parkinson’s, Dementia
- MLD might in the not too distant future, treat, or even prevent these memory related diseases.
To claim your free MLD Consultation enter your details and the team will be in touch. http://katiebellphysio.com/manual-lymphatic-drainage/
Lymphology 29 (1996) 10-14, Lymphspiration, The Brain and the Lymphatic System (II). M. Földi. Földiklinik, Hinterzarten, Germany.