Jackie Buchanan is a Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) specialist at Katie Bell Physiotherapy & Wellness. We’re excited to hear MLD might in the not too distant future, treat, or even prevent these memory related diseases. She summarises for us here:
- Your brain cells produce waste products which are removed by lymph fluid around the brain
- Toxic substances and impurities are also removed in this way
- Recent research has discovered new drainage routes from the brain for this lymph fluid
- These new routes drain through the back of the head and into the spinal fluid.
- Traditionally it was thought only to drain into the sinuses in the face and the back of the mouth
- Sometimes lymph drainage from the head can be blocked
- Recent research has indicated a potential link between lymph blockage in the brain causing build-up of toxic waste and memory related diseases eg. Alzheimers, Parkinson’s, Dementia
- MLD might in the not too distant future, treat, or even prevent these memory related diseases.
Claim your complimentary lymphatic drainage massage consultation today.
Lymphology 29 (1996) 10-14, Lymphspiration, The Brain and the Lymphatic System (II). M. Földi. Földiklinik, Hinterzarten, Germany.