Long haul flights can make many people experience joint stiffness and pain. Here are 8 physio-approved exercises to keep you moving during your long haul flight.
- Ankle circles: Circle your ankles 10 times to the left and repeat to the right
- Knee hugs: Hug your knees into your chest one at a time, hold for 5 seconds. Do 10 on each side
- Shoulder rolls: Roll your shoulders forwards 10 times and repeat backwards
- Thoracic twists: Twist round to the right and hold onto the arm rest to increase the stretch. Hold 10-20 seconds and repeat on the left
- Neck circles: Circle your neck round to the left until you have completed the circle, then repeat to the right.
- Scapula squeeze: Squeeze the bottom of your shoulder blades together, making sure your shoulders are relaxed. Hold 5 seconds and repeat 10 times
- Pelvic tilts: Tilt your pelvis forwards and backwards to mobilise your lower back 10 times
- Knee extensions: Depending on your leg room, straighten your knee out in front of you as high as you can lift, as long as it is lifted off the floor your muscles will be working! Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times
So, there we have it, 8 exercises that will help you enjoy your holiday as much as possible. For more information and advice, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the clinic.