Autumn is here and so is the dreaded cold and flu virus! This means congestion, and congestion creates headaches, sinuses that hurt, migraines, discomfort, earache and the rest! It might be a seasonal inconvenience for some but for other recurrent sufferers, it can mean relying on nasal sprays from September to April.
Our Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) practitioner, Jackie, may have a better way of improving your symptoms, and a more natural solution. MLD is a type of gentle massage that stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defence of the body and remove waste products. It’s very relaxing, calming treatment and really effective in stimulating your lymphatic system to work well. This reduces the symptom of sinusitis and congestion.
Top tips to achieving a healthy, fully functioning lymphatic system.
- Hydration. Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily to keep body fluids running properly
- Making healthier food choices reduces the toxic burden on the body. Cutting down or avoiding processed food reduces the load through the lymphatic system.
- Deep breathing exercises stimulate the lymphatic system. Breathe from the diaphragm, not shallowly from the chest – this also relieves stress.
- Keep lymph flow moving. Because lymph flow moves slowly, inactivity or lack of movement can severely restrict the flow. Regular lymphatic massage (especially around the abdomen, axillary nodes and breasts) can be great for maintaining lymphatic health.
- Regular physical exercise on a daily basis is a great way to get the lymphatic system pumping. Anything from running to walking, Pilates, yoga, swimming etc. will all assist the lymph flow.
Above all MLD is both preventative and remedial and can enhance well being. Secure your complimentary ‘relieve sinusitis’ treatment with Jackie today!