Pilates is seriously addictive! The combination of helping to improve your physical fitness, appearance, flexibility and strength, whilst also reducing your risk of injury and levels of stress is a lethal combination. Once you’re hooked, there’s often no going back….which is why we’ve put together a selection of signs to help you determine whether or not you’re a Pilates fanatic.
- You find yourself checking out people’s posture and saying to yourself that that individual probably does Pilates when they have that long, lean appearance.
- You know the difference between your core and your abs, and feel comfortable with a routine not being completely abs focused as you know that it’s all about the body as a whole.
- You find yourself getting annoyed at people who think Pilates is easy or primarily about injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- You start noticing other areas of your life improving and becoming easier, such as going for a run, playing sport, or playing with your children.
- You’re always thinking about the way you’re standing or sitting, and people often comment on how good your posture is whilst sitting at your desk at work.
- You no longer fear doing a plank and secretly enjoy checking yourself out in the mirror whilst performing one as your body is so much more aligned than it used to be.
- You really start to feel it when you miss a few Pilates classes in a row, and wonder how on earth you managed before you started going.
- You have a love-hate relationship with The Hundred and you know your Crisscross from your Teaser.
- You’ve recommend Pilates to at least one person this week, and near enough dragged someone to a Pilates class who was complaining of back, neck or shoulder pain.
If anyone of this sounds like you then we’re afraid the only remedy is finding the absolute perfect place to practice Pilates in Sheffield, and that’s right here at Katie Bell Physiotherapy & Wellness. With over 50+ small group Pilates classes each week, expert instruction and plenty of individual attention, we’ve created an environment where you are able to find the perfect class to help you improve and enjoy your Pilates practice.
To find out for yourself, book a free Pilates taster class today.